iphone, apple, error 1604
iPhone 1.1.3 Upgrade error 1604
1. Steve Jobs announces 1.1.3 firmware for Iphone at MacWorld. +1
2. 2hrs later, its actually available in itunes in the uk. +1
3. Installation leaves me with (the dreaded) error 1604. -5
4. Waste 4 hrs trying to fix. -5
5. Finally find the answer in a discussion forum +5
6. Breathe a sigh of relief that the backup in itunes works well. +1
And for those wondering what the fix is, it involves navigating to the update file directly (via windows explorer) and executing it.
Check out [ http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5439212 ] for full details.
Hopefully something in the update will make it all worthwhile! (still no bloody cut and paste :)
Must say, its taken the shine off my newly acquired liking for all things apple - I'd have expected it from Microsoft, but I was hoping for some of that seamless experience. Maybe I'd have to buy a Mac for that... and I'm not quite ready for that (yet).
Thanks for posting a comment
© 2007 Intrepid Noodle Ltd
Design and Development - Intrepid Noodle Ltd
Company Number: 0384 5300 | Registered Office: The Barn, Whitwell Grange, Durham, DH1 2SJ.